WHAT DOES THE PTA/PTSA DO?
If you’ve never served in the PTA, you might not be aware of some of the things we do.
- We help hand out report cards at SEP conferences
- We provide dinner for teachers at SEP conferences
- We work with our student PTSA members to put on an annual dance
- We do a table for the gorge during Make a Wish week.
- We do book fairs
- We sponsor the Reflections arts program
- We help with senior activities such as college week and senior night
- We do teacher appreciation throughout the year (Munchie Mondays) and hold teacher appreciation week. Happy teachers are good teachers!
- We give teachers birthday gifts
- We do Respect Week activities
- We do Teacher of the Week awards, sponsored by Burger King in Salem
- Maintain the athletic department display cases, athlete of the week and fan of the week (thanks to Stokes and Main Street Pizza for your contributions)
- Provide scholarships
- Recognize outstanding faculty and staff with awards
- Parent education meetings like our technology safety workshop
- AND More (lip dub for example)!
- We need you to be a member! Join now!
PURPOSES OF THE PTA
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in the home, school, community, and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as well as secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.